Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I think it means "The Fishes"

Name three Disney songs.

Go ahead, do it. Just think of three songs from Disney movies. Any movie, any time, there are plenty to choose from.

Now name three more. You might have to dig a little deeper for these, but you should eventually be able to come up with them. Granted, Disney has pretty much hit rock bottom -- a remake of The Shaggy Dog? Starring Tim Allen?? Is this a joke? Still, though, everyone, and I mean everyone, has seen at least a couple of the big hits -- Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and of course the classics Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, etc.

So with a little thinking you should be able to remember a handful of their songs. Many of them won Oscars and Grammys. You may even remember a fun song from Newsies. But I will bet that not one of the songs you thought of was Les Poissons.

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les poissons, les poissons
How I love les poissons
Love to chop and to serve little fish
First I cut off their heads
Then I pull out their bones
Ah mes oui, savez toujours delice

Les poissons, les poissons
Hee hee hee, haw haw haw
With a cleaver I hack them in two
I pull out what's inside
And I serve it up fried
God, I love little fishes, don't you?

Here's something for tempting the palette
Prepared in the classic technique
First you pound the fish flat with a malette
Then you slash off their skin
Give their belly a slice
Then you rub some salt in
'Cause it makes it taste nice
Zoot alors, I have missed one!

Sacre bleu, what is this?
How on earth could I miss
Such a sweet little succulent crab
Quel Domage, what a loss
Here we go, in the sauce
Now some flour I think just a dab
Now I stuff you with bread
Don't worry, 'cause you're dead!
And you're certainly lucky you are
'Cause it's gonna be hot in my big silver pot!
Tout-aloo mon poisson
Au revoir :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home